This is delicious! The other great thing about this is you can freeze it for later, so it’s a great recipe to have if you need to store some food for a while.
• 1 cup of flour
• 1/2 cup of cocoa
• 1 tsp of baking soda
• 1/2 tsp of salt (I make it a heaping tsp, extra salt brings out the chocolate!)
• 2 bananas mashed (original recipe called for 3 but I only had 2 and it turned out just fine)
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1. Heat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix mashed bananas, melted butter, and oil. Stir to combine.
4. Stir in brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth.
5. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, mix to combine (if you over-mix, your bread will be tough). Stir in chocolate chips, leaving a a few tablespoons behind to sprinkle on the top.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean. Oven times may vary.
Once it’s cooked, set it to cool for about 15 minutes and then enjoy! This recipe makes a moist, chocolaty cake with just a hint of banana flavor. For some added deliciousness, you can mix a tablespoon or so of milk with some powdered sugar and drizzle it on top. But this bread it plenty sweet without that!
As reported on WREX