Coconut Macaroon Cookies. Simple, quick No Bake Cookies that will impress your guests without them ever guessing they took you about 10 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
• 1 1/2 cups sugar
• 5 tablespoons cocoa
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/2 cup shortening or butter
• 3 cups rolled oats
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 cup shredded coconut
1. Mix sugar and cocoa in a large saucepan over low heat. Add milk slowly. Stir until sugar dissolves. This should take a few minutes.
2. Bring to a low boil then add shortening (or butter) and rolled oats, stirring quickly. Cook for 1-2 minutes then remove from heat.
3. Add the salt, vanilla and coconut and stir (wooden spoon works well) until mixed well.
4. Drop into small stacks on a parchment lined cookie sheet or cutting board. Let sit until they cool. Remove and munch away.
Recipe courtesy of Kim Beaulieu